Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Windsor Fair

We had a blast today at the fair! I was really excited to bring Kenzie, and she had a lot of fun. When we got there, we did a circle around the fair just to see everything. Then, we found a place to eat, since we were pretty hungry. We found a place with chicken and fries. Their fries actually tasted more like chips haha. I was slightly disappointed, but Kenzie seemed to love them! Steven's parents were working right in front of where we ate. I can't believe I missed them! I had been saying how I wished I knew where they were set up so that I could get a lemonade from them. Deb came walking up to us as we were eating, and sure enough, their stand was right in front of us, haha! We got some from them before we left anyway.

She really seemed to love the animals! There were reporters there from NECN, and she was a little more shy than she'd normally be because of it, but she still loved them! They filmed her, and interviewed Gus and I. It was something to do with pigs and outbreaks of influenza, lol. You can see the microphone on the left side. I guess she was wanting to hear the pigs oink? :P 

She was a little nervous about petting the goats, but after Daddy let her down, we kept walking, and she ran back over and pet this one again, lol. She loves animals :)

She saw this Spongebob after we left the animals. We were pretty far away, and she yelled "Bob Bob!" Lol. The many times I played the Spongebob theme song just because I thought it was so hilarious how scared she got of the pirate, and it made her obsessed! We don't even watch the show because I think it's inappropriate for ANY age kids. She was so excited about it though, that we had to buy him for her. She passed right out on the way home, and took a good nap at home. Then we went for a family walk, and played outside when we got home. It was a good day, and the weather was perfect!

Speaking of weather, I'm so ready for fall! September and October are my favorite months as far as seasons go. Today, it was sunny and clear, but it was a little chilly earlier, and even in the afternoon, it never got too hot. I love this kind of weather!
Anyway, I haven't updated this in a while. We spent the past week in Corinth. It was kind of boring, but still really nice to visit. It was so weird how Kenzie wasn't really scared of anyone. She's slowly growing out of that. She followed Nana around a lot, and was always making faces at her, haha. Nana and Weenie thought she was the funniest little thing - which she is. :P Every time I say something to her, and say, "Okay?" she'll go, "Otaaaay." Haha so cute!! She LOVED having all the kids there!
It was also nice to spend a little time with my cousin, Gabby. We used to be SUPER close, but don't get to spend a lot of time together anymore. It was funny to reminisce about old times. I have so many memories in that town. :) I miss some of the people who we used to spend every day with. I took Kenzie for a walk, and had like five different cars beep at us, and one with a car full of guys hanging out the window staring at us and waving...hahaha oh my word, all I thought was, SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE! :P Corinth has always had it's fair share of perverts! Definitely made me laugh though. When we brought the kids to the park, I laughed at how the teenagers acted, and thought, "Were we that bad?" The answer is NO! We were NOT! These kids were awful. Smoking RIGHT next to the playground, blasting awful rap music, swearing, talking about sex (and how one guy "hit that" the past five days, five times, five hours...hahaha still laughing about that one. You wish buddy.) We may have been immature, but we didn't smoke, or do any of the above really! The girls hungout, the guys played basketball. That park sure has a ton of memories though. So much has changed over time, though...and none of the same people are even around anymore.

It feels nice to be home though. I don't think we'll ever go for that long again, even though it was only five days. We are going this weekend, which I had forgot all about. Keith Urban and David Nail Saturday, then  JASON ALDEAN AND LUKE BRYAN SUNDAY!!!! Eeeek. Anyone who knows me well KNOWS my obsession with country music, and these two are my FAVORITES. In one concert :) I'm so, so, so, so excited!! It's supposed to be huge; they even had to print extra tickets because so many people were looking to buy after they sold old. I cannot even express how excited I am, haha. My sister won tickets months ago, and this is the one I've been looking forward to the most. I can't waaaait! :) :)

Well, I suppose it's time for me to head to bed, I'm pretty pooped tonight and feel a little crappy. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment